From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 00:57:18 -0800
>jean-claude:
>>I would  remind us that we have no clue about what is in a living food ,
>>.all what we know is what is left after analyse (whitch require
destruction
>>of
>>the original organisation of molecules.)
>
>This quite an overstatement. We have way more than a "clue" what is in a
>living food. You yourself have been extremely interested in various
>micro-level components of foods.

I maintain that we have clue about the elements constituing sea water ,yet
when we artificially reconstruct it fishes died. Analyse don't give us any
clue about what makes the whole whole. and even less what makes life alive.

>>The main difference that i see between a paleo diet and a modern one is
that
>>the former exclude extracting nutrients from their context.
>
>Probably the main difference is the exclusion of certain agricultural foods
>in the paleo diet. Cooking (denaturing to you) is part of hunter-gatherer
>diets in every known culture. Choosing certain parts of whole foods and not
>other parts is done by many (most? all?) animals.

extracting and choosing part of whole foods without the use of artifices is
2 differentes things ( lot of animals eat tips of leaves for example rather
than the whole leave . Extracting imply technology even if simples ones like
extracting olives oil from olive.

Granted this is not the
>extraction that has happened with industrial food processing techniques,
>but simply avoiding extractions is not the definition of paleo.

It is certainly mine (i learned from Tood that it was not the definition of
Neanderthin) for the simple reason than extraction of nutrients is very much
related to the agricultural revolution.

>People here in Hawaii consider it folly to raise and feed a young wild boar
>which has been trapped--they just don't gain weight or grow fast enough to
>make it worthwhile, regardless of what they are fed.

People in France raise wild boar and despite their genetic reluctance to get
fat they know how to make them fatter than their wild counterparts. you just
have to give them cooked potatoes or grains

>>If i could influence peoples to take
>>charge of their own well being before they collapse i will feel usefull.
>
>So you are looking for a sense of personal usefulness? I can never
>understand why some people care so much about the other fellow's diet.

why Kirt is caring so much of peoples who care about the fellow's diet. ?
do you feel usefull yourself in doing so?

Why
>is it not enough that you eat "perfectly"--why must you save the next
>fellow from insanity with your theory?

why are you so quick to save the fellow from me sharing my theories and
experiences.Quitting instincto don't seem to have cure you of your crusade
mentality ( it just changed form)
i am not the person that you judge so harshly....

My theory is that the quality of foods in the world is falling down in the
toilet and that it is the necessary outcome of the actual production and
distribution system of food ( how few percents of the poulation can feed
properly the rest of the population? that  is just plainly impossible)
I care very much about myself,  my son,  my wife, my friends and every other
being part of my interconnectedness  for the simple reason that i don't t
live insulated from the rest of world, ( living in an island yes but we are
bathed in the same waters - just don't spit in  it , it give a bad taste to
my salmon ...... and your Tuna  -thanks)
jean-claude