From:
"S.B. Feldman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 07:41:18 EST
In a message dated 1/22/00 4:00:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<   Remember there is usually more E.
 Coli and probably Salmonella on salads. >>
It is not the presence of E. coli per se that is a problem it is the specific
type that is harmful to humans that is the problem. A very large percentage
of the total large bowel output (dry measure) is actually E. coli.
======
From: "Kendra and Karen"
> We think skinny is beautiful and healthy, whereas fat is painful to
> | look at and we are sure it is painful to carry around.  When fatty gets
> | diabetes maybe then she can start a advocacy group for people who love to
> take
> | insulin and go blind.  Won't she be popular then.
> _________________________________
> That was a terribly biased and pitiful thing to say against being
> overweight.  Painful to look at?  Shame on you both!

Sorry Snowlight, but I fully agree with them.  Fat is painful to look at --
perhaps it is a biological response.  Naturally I feel pain whenever I see
someone who I believe is unhealthy, and I can see why that would be the case,
evolutionarily.  I see no need to apologize for my genetics, and furthermore,
if the compassion that goes along with the pain prompts me to tell others (at
some appropriate place in conversation, if they want to hear it) just how easy
it is to be thin and healthy, and they benefit from this knowledge, then it is
pain well used.

Erik Hill>>>
The response is learned not biological or genetic.
I think that these thoughts and sanctimonious rationalizations of pain are
much more a reflection of the fear and insecurities of the lookers and
commenters than they are related to the physical attributes of the persons
under observation.