From:
Michael Wosnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 21:12:55 -0500
Dennis Noble said:

 As far as the write speeds, I don't know the speed, memory specs, CPU,
etc., of your system, but to write at 6X, you will have to have a pretty
quick setup or you could ruin allot of CD-Rs. You can always change the
settings to make it write a slower rate if need be.

= = = = =
Dennis,

My system is a Dell Dimension P2-400 with 96 M of Ram and a 40x CD ROM
(IDE), running under Windows 98. My hard drive is a reasonably fast
Maxtor (IDE)but I forget the actual speed. I have the usual 3.5 floppy
and an internal Zip drive as well, but clearly would not use either of
them during a copy. Do you think I would have trouble at the rated 6x
speed? If so, there is not much reason to pay the extra money. On the
other hand, if I will get lots of errors and cannot reproducibly use the
new CD-R, what is the point of having it.

Others have suggested going SCSI. I have no SCSI peripherals now, and
was not planning on the extra expense, but may just need to
reconsider...

Thanks for the input.

Michael

                     visit our download web page at: