From:
"Walter R. Worth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:33:57 -0000
On Wednesday, March 01, 2000 1:58 AM, Tommy Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

<snipped to avoid excessive quoting>The local printer was working fine, and
then all of a suddden...it would not
>work,and I would get an error message.  I contacted Canon technical support
>and they took me through a series or steps including checking the printer
itself.
>The printer turned out OK, but he said "call Windows 98 technical support
for
>further assistance".  I thought that before being on hold for hours, that I
>would try this method, being that my dad has gotten positive results.  The
error
>message contains the following:  Error printing, Try: reinstalling drivers,
check
>connection, make sure the printer is on and running.
>I did all that and nothing more happened, I have also been to the Cannon
website
>for further help.

I have seen this error message with my Canon BJC 4300 and I also have d/l
the latest drivers. There seems to be a driver issue with the original
version of Windows 98 and SE.  Microsoft's answer is to delete and reinstall
the driver.  Easier still is to delete the driver from the  Device Manager,
make sure  that you have the printer connected and turn off your PC.  When
you reboot your PC, a dialog box should pop up stating Windows 98 is
building a database and Windows 98 will assign the device driver for your
Canon printer.  If you are in a networked environment, you may want to
ensure that printer sharing is enabled.  If all of this fails, you may have
a defective printer and if it is still under warranty, ask for a
replacement. Microsoft has confirmed in a KB article on their web site that
this is not a problem caused by a problem in Windows 98 but it may be caused
by designed changes in Windows 98.  HTH. :-)

Walter R. Worth

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org