From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:01:58 -0500
Darrell,

You must go into your PC's bios settings and turn off the external (L2)
cache.
After you get windows reinstalled then you can turn the cache back on.
Without more details, I can not be more specific.

If you repost your problem and list the brand and model of your
motherboard WITH the brand/vendor name of your BIOS, I am
sure someone can give you more specific/detailed help on how
to do this.