From:
ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:55:19 -0500
On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:44:13 -0500 gordon <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> You seem to be back-peddling here, jean-claude. A quick review:
>
> 1) I commented on the promises of genetic engineering as a possible
> aid to solving the problems of global hunger.

Ardeith writes:
Yeah, genetic engineering of our food might indeed allow more
people to exist.........but this planet is already over-populated
by humans.    AND .....these genetic engineers still don't know
what the long-term effects of such foods might be on the
human population.   Someone just posted an article from the
BBC that said soya products produced phytoestrogens that
can damage a fetus if the mother eats them........sounds to
me that you think it is OK to produce more and more humans
no matter what defects might be present.    Looking several
generations down that road presents a picture of a great
mass of humanity that is more and more crippled, diseased,
and/or suffering from birth defects.    If this is the future
technology offers, I'm rather glad I won't be around to see
it.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.