From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:05:21 +0100
On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 13:01:11 -0800, Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry

<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I wrote
>>Surprisingly almonds, though high protein, are classified as low acid.

Jean-Claude:
>yes indeed, after reading that;
>
><<. And note that legumes, seeds and grains are proteins, but when
sprouted
>they also leave Alkaline Ash. >>
><<All vegetables and fruits are alkaline-forming in their raw state
>
>Cooked and fried foods are acid-forming. ...
>
>i am curious to know if raw proteins are acid forming too ( you noted the
>almonds , what about the meats, other nuts,  eaten them in their really
raw
>state ,is not usual occurence.) ...

I think it would be too easy to generally classify raw as alkaline
and cooked as acid-forming.
The different and raw almonds and sunflowers are an example.

But what concerns meats I recall a conversation here some years ago
when someone claimed (w.o. scientific backup) that "a raw meat diet"
whatever things this may include - would be on the alcaline side.

I must say, on one thing i stand corrected: *Some* people really do
eat meat raw.. here on the list.

Maybe someone who does eat meat raw could do the experiment for us.
It's really easy to do: Just eat for 2 says or so only (or almost only)
raw meat, and measure the ph of your urine with an indicator strip.
Or the opposite: a few days of fruit only (also not bad heh).

Any volounteers? (i could do the fruit and veggie test)

cheers

Amadeus
(This message may be in the beginning duplicate..
the message sent through the web-interface has been cut,
for some strange reason..
so- I send the saved posting a second time through the mail-interface)