From:
jlpresto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 08:15:08 +0900
>>sources of sucrose that I know of are sugar cane and sugar beets.

I also wondered what it is that makes sugar cane non-paleo.  We used to chew
on it in Brazil.

Well there must be organic raised pigs.  Again, its a question of degree,
icluding degree of commitment based on many factors (priorities, family,
income is a HUGE one).  In the Amazon, we trapped wild boar to eat
frequengly.
If the bacon is organic, that could be the next best step.  If you can find
a non-preserved, non-sugared non-processed bacon from a  butcher, that would
be good enough for me.

I have to buy everything at the grocery store.  They don't raise or grow
anything much here 'cept cars, and even those aren't doing very well.  Maybe
in the US I would "treat" myself to organic shopping sprees once a month on
pay day or something, otherwise I would just have to go to the supermarket
and read the labels.  I can't take preservatives at all.

Judith