From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 22:52:56 +1100
Additionally, I ate some starchy  veggie  like
> carrots, yams or rutabaga  once per;

Well. I think root vegetables are the secret of good health, but there is
little scientific info on them. High GI/ fast carbs seem definitely a
problem. I'm still sorting it out, but I've decided to give up being a high
carb paleo.

Yes, well MB BS, being an Aussie.
> Can the stomach of a mostly vegetarian
> always  adapt enzymatically to the Paleo diet?
Yep, no problems- it may take a couple opf weeks to get used to not being
attcked by the lectins in grains and beans (gee I felt hyperacidity the
first 4 weeks)
> How about HCL content.?
No problemo. Within 4-6 weeks you should be fine.
> How long does this take, or is it different for everyone.
Try and see.
 >I have two
> kids, both reared macro until the last few years.  One can't stand  the
> fat  on meat. The other   hates the meat but gobbles  the fat off his
> brother's  plate.  Sort of like that nursery rhyme "Jack Sprat could eat
> no fat, his wife could eat no lean; but between the two of them they
> licked their plate clean . . .."  I'm wondering if the one child  (age
> 8) can't digest his fat due to some digestive deficiency and therefore
> is naturally repulsed.  The younger one (age 4) has been known to eat a
> stick of butter when no one is watching.   I'm only concerned because
> the fat hater is skinny as a rail and could use the extra "marbling." He
> hates nuts, too.  My sense is he isn't absorbing what he eats.
He's probably normal- needs his height and weigh checked against the centile
charts before saying anything. If he had malasorption, he's probably be
hungry. Kids have already lost their food instincts beacuse of confusing
messages. In Australia, the first solid is a revolting wheat cereal that
tastes like cardboard, totally non-paleo.