From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 06:57:23 -0500
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Ray Audette wrote:

> The CBS people were given lots of background information and filmed me for
> three days to produce 5 minutes worth of story.  That's over $250,000 worth
> of network advertising.  I'd have done it naked if they had requested it!

There may be something to the claim that there's no such thing as
bad publicity, but I have to agree with Ken that they basically
used you as comic relief.  The show was about weight loss, yet
they made no attempt to talk to anyone who lost a significant
amount of weight on Neanderthin.  No attempt was made to discuss
the ideas with a scientist.  Instead, they fed Dr. Ornish such
neutral questions as "Will this diet kill people?"  In short,
Neanderthin was basically positioned as an amusing example of the
insane things people will do to lose weight, or to make money by
other people's desire to lose weight.  While I expect book sales
will get a short-term bump from those whose curiosity was piqued,
I think the overall impact of the segment was a disaster for
paleo.

Todd Moody