Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Chris Niles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 12:39:16 EDT
I was getting some weird things happening with my monitor - the refresh rate
or something seemed to be changing. I could see horizontal lines across the
screen at odd intervals, followed by a change in brightness/contrast.

It was not the monitor - I used a known working monitor on the same computer,
and the same thing happened.

No, the computer will barely turn on. The case lights will not light up, the
LED on the MB itself (an old SuperMicro P5STE socket 7 board) will not light
up. The drives spin up okay. No beeps are heard.

When the computer does turn on, the image is all messed up, like a tv station
that keeps coming in and out - the picture is skewed back and forth, comes in
for a sec, then stretches diagonally across the screen.

I'm wondering what the problem is. Power supply, video card, or motherboard?
The PS is 5 years old, a 200 watt, from an old Acer Acros. The MB is 3? yrs
old. the video card is 2 years old - a 6MB Intense3d Voodoo 1, with TV out.

Any ideas of what to try?

Chris Niles

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html