Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Robert Bowen - Information Services - SUNY Farmingdale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:15:07 -0500
Windows NT has the ability with the policy editor to remove the users
access to the start menu.  It does not specifically disable the key, but
removes the ability for them to access the start menu by any means. If you
don't want to mess with the policy editor, you could try a program like
fortres (no second s) from fortres.com.  You will need to put an icon to
the programs the user will need to access on the desktop.

BTW the policy editor does the same in 95,98,2000.

I saw the posts regarding either removing the key from the keyboard, or
getting a keyboard without the start button but if the user inadvertantly
hits control-escape they will get the menu as well.  The policy editor or
fortres will disable all the key combinations that let the user into the
start menu.

-Rob

>> **NT does not have a function to disable a key (I don't know any 3rd
>> party software can do this). Why you cannot change a keyboard without
>> "start" key?

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html