Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:13:26 -0500
On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:46:37 -0500, Bruce Sherrod <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Here's a more categorical search of the USDA database.
>This table lists the top 100 foods, sorted by zinc content per 100g. ..

>For the curious, here is the SQL code I used for the search:
>(Someone please check my work!)
>
>mysql> select
>    -> food_des.Description,...

Thanks for sharing your SQL-code. Unfortunately I haven't sql on my
machine...... could you do the same for tryptophan?
(tryptophan lack or unavailability may be a main reason for some
psychic and niacin deficiency problems in the "common" nutrition).

Another limitation of the USDA database i have encountered is, that
all ingredients are listed by *weight* only.
But weight is not the real limiting,
or amount determining property of food. More interesting would be
ingredients per *energy* or per *protein*. So one could more easily
determine how good a days amount of energy of a given food item
can supply ingredients.

For SQL this may require to establish a temporary database, with a
"ratio"-column included. Or maybe a good sql can list and sort on
"computed" fields like "tryptophan per 2400kcal".

I'm sorry having such a technical question on a nutrition forum.
I hope it may end in a better information about zinc/tryptophan or whatever.

Amadeus S.