Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 07:41:11 -0500
On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, jlpresto wrote:

> I am a little confused, and concerned.  I am looking at my blood tests and I
> have low triglycerides (outside the normal range) and I was on a high-carb
> diet for years.  These were from just as I switched to paleo.

To my knowledge, low triglycerides are not a risk marker for
anything.  Things that tend to elevate triglycerides are excess
carb consumption, fruit consumption, and alcohol.  Here the word
"excess" means caloric excess.  If you are eating more carbs than
you are burning, then your triglycerides will tend to go up,
because those carbs are first converted to triglycerides which
eventually are stored as body fat.  Reduction of calories tends
to cause triglycerides to fall, for the simple reason that the
carbs are burned as glucose and not converted to triglycerides in
the first place.  If your TGL levels were already low when you
switched to paleo, it could be that you were not eating much.  Is
that the case?

Todd Moody