Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 10:12:25 -0800
Hi Judy Cavemama,

>   One can't stand  the
>fat  on meat. The other   hates the meat but gobbles  the fat off his
>brother's  plate. My sense is he isn't absorbing what he eats.

For my children I am applying this theory ... that it's not what the kids
eat but what they don't eat that is important. Ray lists grains, refined
sugar, dairy, refined oils etc. as unhealthy. As long as the kids stay away
from these products and eat only real food, I wouldn't think that the
amount of meat or fat would make too much of a difference in their health.
You could mention to them that if they wish to be really healthy or
muscular, they     could eat more meat and fat. Some fats do not taste very
good and sometimes you have to wonder if the meat is safe for them to eat.

My children seem to go through stages... going from liking certain
meat/fish dishes to hating meat. At first I was worried about their getting
enough protein but they will only eat what they enjoy eating. Plus all the
singing and dancing I do about meat isn't getting me anywhere with them
anyway...

All the best,
Susan