Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:11:32 +1100
The only people on this list who want to be called doctor are those who
aren't doctors of medicine!
eg doctors of engineering (thank you James for repeatedly pointing out that
you're not a medico- very professional).

Particularly, those who want to trash the medical profession and allopathic
medicine are the ones who love to be called doctor!! This is a simple case
of double standards and chip-on-the-shoulder syndrome. But one tries to
tolerant as their is a lot of pain in this world, and you have to feel sorry
for people. This is the internet where everyone is supposed to be equal and
you should make up your own mind regardless of titles- especially as none of
these qualifications are internationally registered and this goes around the
world. I personally would prefer people to make their own minds up
regardless of titles etc. After all, the information is free and qualtiy is
not guaranteed.

As Paleolithic diets are based on  Western scientific research into hunter
gatherer societies and archeology, Paleodiet is in many ways very
mainstream. Obviously it appeals to a very broad range of people. It remains
very scientific.

I am quite mortified at some of the treatments suggested and I hope the list
have the sense to take them with a grain of salt.
For example, the chiropractic treatment of middle ear infections would be
regarded as, at best experimental and at worst a reach for professional
fees. I would regard the manipulation of the neck for an ear infection as
about as useful as seeing the optometrist about my piles. It is well known
that 50% of glue ear will clear up naturally over a 3 month period- and no
doubt this natural healing is where some people get their successes. I've
avoided saying anything about it, but I'm sick of all the bull. As they say,
self-praise is no recommendation.

This list needs a routine disclaimer more than ever.

Dr Ben Balzer, family physician.