From:
Elizabeth Margareta Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:55:31 -0500

Ironically, after all the back-and-forth on the listserve about the
studpidity of unneccessary gluten challenges, I just did one by mistake.

I bought vitamins, carefully checked the fillers, and completely missed
the barley protein in the active ingredients!  Well, I found it a few
hours after the first pill.  I'd actually been having digestive troubles
and wondering if it was gluten contamination - no.  Now I remember.  The
abdominal pain of gluten is nasty, but my real problem is the inability
to remain still and awake at the same time.

So, a quick question in this rambling post.  My Monday midday class is
dull and long, and I often have trouble staying awake in it - and the
trouble is worse as class goes on.  Other students are eating lunch
throughout class, and I'm sure several courses of gluten-laced breakfasts
were eaten in the room before that.  It feels like gluten rather than
boredom.  Any ideas of how to protect myself from this kind of
environmental gluten?  Thanks.

Elizabeth