C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:52:17 -0800
Hi All!

Thanks for the nice welcome Trisha :o).  I already know some of you from
a few of the other lists I'm on, but I don't post much on them.  I will
give you a intro for those that don't know me.  I have a 13 yo daughter
(Heather) that also happens to have Hypotonia/Dystonia CP, is visually
impaired (optic nerve hypoplasia, in english that means she's legally
blind) is total care and a typical teenager. She uses an electric
wheelchair at school, is in the 7th grade and mainstreamed 30% of her
day.  She likes all the teenybopper bands just like the other girls at
school, loves to shop and yak on the phone.  I also have a 4 1/2 yo NDA
son (Jacob) that loves to play with his sister, and is her biggest
protector! (don't let him catch anyone gauging at her, he'll let them
have it! LOL), loves batman, superman, and wants to be Buzz Lightyear
when he grows up.  I'm a stay at home mom and am married to a wonderful
man who is a great husband and daddy.

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to getting to
know you all.

Vicki