C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:38:50 EST
Trisha,

there are short term side effects of FI lessons or ATM classes.  the side
effects are being very sleepy, having emotions released...

i have done over 14 years of feldenkrais lessons. They have released my
curled - twisted feet, released my tense hands. both feet and both hands are
now straight and rarely spasm.  My gait has been dramatically altered. my
ribs no longer pull when I reach up high shelves. my speech is much much
better. now strangers can understand me most of the time. even my sense of
direction has improved.

Whereas regular pt takes forever to see a result, you will see results in an
amazingly short time with feldenkrais. I am talking a matter of weeks! and
the results are long lasting. you may back slide a bit, but the next lesson
will propel you 3 steps forward and so on.  After having six months of
lessons, the work will still continue to unfold even if you stop the lessons
for a while.

when you stand up from the table, you might feel slightly dizzy and slightly
giddy, it can take up to half an hour to feel your body come back to normal.
this is a sign that things in your mind-brain-body are working as they
should.

everybody in my family in berkeley has tried it and it has helped with
stress, back aches, knee problems, foot problems, etc.

Tamar Raine
yes, you may use this on your web site.