BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "BullaPinmankaheaders"
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:04:50 EST
In a message dated 11/12/99 3:20:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Cracks are durned difficult little critters to work out sometime, and you
> almost always need a big picture.

David,

I think it would help if Michael makes, and I'm not sure he has not already,
a distinction in the direction of the cracks. Are they horizontal, vertical,
diagonal, from top left to bottom right or reverse, or hairline opening wider
at one end? Are they flat across the depth of the stone or do they curve in
any particular direction within the body of the stone? Are they straight on
the face of the stone, or curved? Are they radial, originating or ending with
one point? I agree with you if you say that not all cracks are equal.

][<en