RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 06:47:43 -0400
apparently it promotes a lot more than what you say below...

http://www.hinduunity.org/

Anwar J Goins <[log in to unmask]>@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU> on 10/09/2001
04:20:26 PM

Please respond to Raw Food Diet Support List

Sent by:  Raw Food Diet Support List <[log in to unmask]>

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:
Subject:  Re: Love Conquers All

No. They are totally different. Muslims say that they believe in the
Qur'an but in truth they don't follow it(they really follow Hadeeth and
traditions). The main point which separates
the Qur'an(Koran) from Islam is that it came during Pre-Islamic times and
never
intitiated any religion called Islam. In fact the words Islam(properly
al-islaamu) and muslim(properly muslimun) have pre-islamic arabic
meanings and the Qur'an never changed them or added anything to them,
someone else added another meaning onto them. They(muslims) and
others don't understand the Qur'an or that the Qu'ran does not promote
Islam because they don't put it into proper context. It is like reading a
work from 1500 A.D. in England that talks about 'tracks, conductors and
trains' and thinking it is talking about locomotives. That is not
intelligent or prudent. You have to put
things into context(atleast as best you can). When you put the Qur'an into
it's proper context, a
pre-Islamic one, then you see that it does not promote Islam, though
Islam blindly promotes the Quran, like Christianity blindly promotes the
Bible. I would send you to my website if it wasn't temporarily down. It
should be up by next week though. THen I'll give everyone the address.
What does the Qur'an promote? Islaamun lillaahi or Submission to and for
God. It says in 3:19 'Adeenu &andillaahil-Islaamu': The order with God is
be submission.'

Godbless,
Anwar