From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 23:18:41 -0600
From: Moises Simana : Subject: [PCBUILD] CD-R Problems

> I have a smart and friendly SCSI CD-R 8x I have notice that every time a
copy
> a disc from my CD-ROM to my CD-R the first copy comes out fine but if I
want
> to copy another disc I will have to reboot the system if not the CD-R will
> sit there and do nothing or sometimes after a wile will start coping at
100
> KB/s and when its done the copy will have errors in it. The Software I am
> using is Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.0 Deluxe.
> I have tried it on Win98 and NT 4.0 so I am ruling out Operating sys
> problems. I am also thinking that my CD-ROM is the one with the problem.
> Could it be that the CD-R needs to cool off ? (don't think so but never
know)
> Any ideas?
> Moises Simana
> Thank you....

Melissa,

I had the same problem with a Plextor Cd-rom.  It was caused by a jumper
being on the test option.  I did not have my glasses on when I set the SCSI
ID and put it on the test instead of the jumper for the irq.  I could only
write 1 cd and had to reboot to write another.  Talked to Adaptec, on both
the adapter and Easy CD Creator, and plextor but could not resolve the
problem.  I decided to try changing the SCSI ID to see if that made a
difference and found the jumper on the wrong pins.  The test pins are for
diagnostics at the factory and at least on the Plextor CD writer they caused
it to only write one cd at a time.

Hope this helps.

Mary Wolden
A+