From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:13:10 -0700
 Dharam;

There is a good resource to identify winmodems vs. hardware modems at:

     http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/19991113a.html.

  Perhaps this link should be added to the pcbuild website
since we seem to discuss this subject alot on this list.
   The site is geared towards Linux, but still is very useful.
I have tried navigating 3Com's huge site, trying to find
if a certain modem is winmodem or not, many times my modem
is a OEM model and the info is not easily found on the 3Com site.

  Another clue is if the modem will work in Dos or Win 3.1
it's probably a "hardware" modem.

     | ><>  Larry  Fisk   <><
     |      Fisk Computers
     |      Fruitvale, Idaho