From:
Marshall Freedland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:54:20 -0500
I just had a very good experience I want to share.  A friend complained
that the hard drive in her new HP 4450 was 'very noisy,' enough to
really bother her. She called HP and they sent out a new replacement
drive, a Quantum.  A few days later, a tech came out and installed the
new drive but 'we do not have anything to do with transferring
software,' he said.

I wrote to Quantum and explained the problem: I wanted to make a mirror
drive of the noisy one.  I had tried going to DOS and using DOS's xcopy
but that didn't work.  (I used the command: xcopy /E /V)

Two days later, I got an email from Quantum explaining exactly how to
make what I needed to happen, happen.  They have a Disk Manager online
available for d/load and I used the filecopy section to make an exact
duplicate of the noisy drive.

The tech guy who wrote back from Quantum walked me through the steps and
it went very smoothly.  Good work, Quantum.  Give Tuyen a raise!

--/\/\arshall

"If I Had It To Do All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You" --C&W Song

This tagline was selected randomly, by the computer...
11/3/99 2:44:38 PM
VoiceMail FREE to my computer!!: 1-888-Excite2 ext. 954-484-5027

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html