From:
"Villano, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 07:34:24 -0500
Could this sound problem be caused by incompatible formats in the material
itself?  I know it's a longshot but just had a very strange experience where
a videotape that ran perfectly well at work didn't work off my television at
home.  I was transferring the video (Army stuff, so no copyright issues) to
my digital camera, to be put onto a computer (and ultimately a CD).

The first half of the tape played fine, and taped fine, but the second half
(the only half I needed of course...GROWL...) had no sound!!  The only thing
I can figure out is that it's something with the sound recording format in
the second half (made by different folks than the first half) that my "Hi
Fi" TV at home cannot pick up, though it worked fine off the little TVs
(with VCRs built in) at work.  Perhaps there's something strange with your
formats, too?

PAUL VILLANO, USACHCS "For GOD and Country!"
PERSONAL QUOTE:  "This, too, shall pass away!" - Abraham Lincoln