From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 15:55:06 MST

><< Speaking of learning, I was a good teacher on Christmas Eve.  I took to
>the
>  service a plate of strawberries, orange sections and paleo cakes &
>cookies.
> >>
>What is a paleo cake or cookie?

I have a few basic recipes I'm toying around with, and one admittedly had,
oh, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (the cake).  But the basic cookie recipe (I'm
too lazy to get up and track it down) is 1/2 C fat (coconut fat or lard), 2
eggs, one cup solid ingredients (nut meal, nut butter, coconut) and
sweetener of choice.  Since I must keep my carbs very low to lose weight, I
use the eeee-vee-ill sweeteners (just kidding, folks), but I'm sure honey
would work very well.  I thought the coconut/macadamia cookies were the
best.

One recipe I got from friends is for muffins and they are to DIE for.  I
think they, too, called for a teeny, tiny bit of baking powder as well as
tartar.  Although one batch I made without.  The only difference is that
they weren't as high and light as with.  I don't mind a pinch of baking
powder, but is there a paleo alternative?

Dori