From:
Bill Dooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:10:25 -0800
> Isn't this thread way off topic?

Correct, but it's had one benefit for me. I went out and got a couple of
bags of frozen berries so I can have a just few when I want something
dessert-like. Fresh berries get moldy too fast. If I can learn to like
unsweetened tea, I'll have no need for sweeteners at all.

Herbivores will lick salt when they can find it. Does any carnivore seek
salt, or do they get what they need from meat and blood?

Certainly, excessive salt intake is unwise, but is there any real value
in use of small amounts of sea salt for its trace mineral content? Did
the use of added salt come about along with a grain-based diet? Have any
unspoiled HG groups used added salt?

Bill Dooley