From:
tom roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 16:43:52 -0600
> I use either bacon fat or olive oil to season my iron
> skillet.  Both work equally well.  Actually, since I
> began eating Paleo, my iron skillet has never seen
> such action and never been better seasoned!!
> Jane

Jane, I have a set of iron pots and skillets that are in excellent
condition but have not been used for 40 or 50 years. They came down to
me just recently through my mother's family and I would like to start
using them but I am not sure what all is involved in reseasoning them.
Is it just a matter of coating them with a good quality fat? Also, what
is the correct way to clean them out after they have been used? I have
heard they should never be put in soapy water. Is that true?

Thanks for any tips.   Tom