From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:45:18 -0800
>   I never saw a chimp do progressive weight lifting.
> I have seen one throw a full grown man across a
> room.

Apples and oranges. Most apes are naturally much
stronger than a man.

> While in high
> school,I picked up the
> progressive reps method in Karate class.

Do you *never* increase the weight? I can't see any
benifit of being able to do 1000 reps of a relatively
light weight, whereas I can see huge benefits of doing
10 reps of an extremely heavy weight.

> We found
> the other method to be
> unnatural and slowed one down.

I know some martial artists who are also bodybuilders
and lifting weights has NOT slowed them down.