From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:21:14 -0500
>His doc says that this is a build up of uric acid in
> his blood as a result of his diet.

Do you know whether he is eating a lot of fatty meat? If so, he might want
to try   converting to a diet of lean meat (reduced meat intake as well),
monounsaturated fats (olive oil, avocados, macadamia nuts, almonds,
hazelnuts), vegetables and fruits, with some EFA supplementation. Most
likely his serum uric acid level will normalize. If it's a serious problem,
he might consider visiting Mike and Mary Dan Eades' clinic in Boulder.
Otherwise, it would be best for him to make any dietary changes with his
doctor's knowledge.

Troy Gilchrist