Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 13:19:47 -0800
>I think this is the fascinating difference to other nutrition
>systems based on any "idea": just think how actual anchestors have
>eaten and formed their genes. Most list participiants (and quite
>mainy are ex-vegetarians) follow
>the way described by Ray Audette. And this is a meat *based* way of nutrition.

I'm doing Audette's plan too, pretty much - haven't read the book yet
but plan to soon.

>Ray's approach, as i may call it, has for me an unquestioned sense
>in discarding "modern" nasty food items you mention (sugar, white
>flour)...
>
>What you tell about white flour, compulsative eating and so on sounds very
>much like a (working) way to overcome the sugar attack. Problems
>related to "modern carbohydrate" and gaining energy from food. I
>personally are hardly ever interested in sweet things (but many vegs
>are).

I don't know whether this plan is best for everyone - obviously
people have to make up their own minds about how they want to eat -
but I fouind that when I was on a low-fat, high carb vegetarian food
plan, even though the carbs were supposedly very healthy, such as
brown rice and whole wheat etc - it would always lead me right back
into compulsive eating, especially of sugary foods. I'm not sure if
it was because the plan was so low protein or if it's the carbs
themselves - I just know that sugar is my addiction and, like an
alcoholic, I have to avoid it like the plague.

Zoe