From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:02:50 -0700
I guess ignorance is bliss sometimes. I had a hysterectomy at age 28 due
to fibroids and endometriosis. It runs in my family. The doctors did
leave in the ovaries so I will and am going to deal with the hormonal
changes of menopause. One ovary quit functioning shortly after surgery &
the "power surges" (that's what my brother calls hot flashes) started. I
took Premarin for several years until I did research and quit taking it.
I have never regretted the hysterectomy since my health improved a great
deal after the surgery. Although I'll never know, I suspect some of the
problems I was having was due to the after effects of 2 c-sections. At
age 38, the gall bladder was removed. If I had known about paleo then,
that probably could have been avoided but I function just fine without
it.

I'm now 48 and working on getting healthier. I don't expect to undo
years of "stupidity" overnight, but look at each day as a new challenge
to be as paleo as possible. The results of my blood work a few months
ago was very encouraging & I have lost 23 of the 50 pounds I gained
after I quit smoking. I am going to read the Eades "Protein Power Life
Plan" a second time and incorporate some of their recommendations but
keep within the Neanderthin guidelines on acceptable foods. I hope that
will help me lose the remaining 27 pounds.