From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 00:52:18 CST
In my opinion, fasting is a poor way to lose bodyfat: (1) it doesn't work,
and (2) it makes you feel like crap.  If fat-loss is the goal, then all
that's required is a slight reduction in insulin, a slight increase in
glucagon, an overall reduction of calories (nothing major such as fasting),
and an increase in the metabolic rate (ie increase cardio).  Fasting to lose
fat is ineffective in my experience b/c the metabolism merely slows down to
nearly zero to compensate for the reduced calories.  The ECA (ephedrine,
caffeine, aspirin) also helps with fat loss.  I know many hardline paleo
dieters think the ECA stack is 'evil' but almost no long term health risks
have been observed from its use in clinical studies.