C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
PAUL FILTNESS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 21:17:00 -0000
Anthony,

Thanks very much for your e-mail.

We have looked into HBOT.  Unfortunately our nearest centre is having to
close because of lack of funds.  However, we are still searching and
gathering as much info as we can.

As you so rightly say funding for all these treatments is a problem and we
are busyly saving as much as we can for Josie's (thats our daughters name)
needs throughout her life.

I was interested to hear that you use a stick to type.  My daughter has just
received an appointment to attend an assessment at a centre called ACE which
is based in Oxfordshire, England.  They assess children like Josie to find
out what would be the best way for them to access computer technology.  I
hope I am not pinning too much on this appointment, but Josie is such an
intelligent little girl trapped in a body that will not allow her to do the
things she wants and is capable of.

Anyway, enough of my waffling.  It was very nice to meet you, so to speak,
and thanks for your advice.

Hope to speak to you again soon.

Best wishes,
Nikki Filtness and Josie.