C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 17:25:05 EST
hello everybody,

well, like gary, I have been hiring new helpers. I now have four plus my
facilitator at the agency. the load is spread out over the week, on weekdays i
have two helpers each day who each come for 3 hours per day. It works out to 6
hours each day. on Saturday and sunday i have one helper each day who spends 5
to 6 hours with me.  So, yesterday i finally got over to san francisco to
shop! it was lots of fun. Only two of my helpers have a car, so that is what i
use those helpers for. Each helper has particular strengths and i build their
tasks based on those strengths. hopefully i will have them for at least one
year, as consistency is important in keeping my daily life running smoothly.

Also, the agency that pays for part of the help, just got a grant to do
supported employment for the physically disabled, so I will be meeting with
the lady soon to see  about part time work for me.

Have a good day,
mag