BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 19:39:22 -0600
At 10:19 PM 1/12/2000 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Ruth, the rambler

Maybe it was all the talk about Morgans interspersed with Ruth's cousins,
but mention of "the rambler" reminded me of my Mom's 1965 "Classic 500"
Rambler -- Dad tells me stories about him driving it to work with the doors
tied shut with a rope, "just transportation for a few years" he says...  He
had a Cadillac Coup de Ville (can't remember the year, but it was white
with the big fins and he bought it for $1050).  Dad just wanted a car big
enough to haul a canoe on when he got out of the service, little did he
know when he bought it that he would catch more than fish, he caught my
mother (yes, she was after the car, he was after her legs -- his words, not
mine)  Alas, both cars were dead and buried by the time I learned to drive
in a (by then, old) 1979 Pontiac Phoenix...  Yes, I'm one of the young'ns
on the list, in case you were wondering...

Churchmouse