Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:07:05 -0400
matesz wrote:

 I think we've
> been duped into thinking that Modern Medicine and it's invasive, often
> untested tests will tell us if we are OK.  Humans got to this point in
> history without all that stuff.... and were a lot healthier too.

Thank you Rachel:

I haven't been following this thread very close but your high horse
sounds a lot like mine. I'm amazed at some of the responses I read here.
Quality of life is important to me but its not an obsession. I don't
panic if I miss a walk nor do I have the need to spend several hours a
day in the pursuit of workouts or fine tuning obscure elements of
lipids, fats, and carbohydrates. If you shop for a doctor as carefully
as you buy a pair of shoes you would have one that understands your
lifestyle and your personality. I'm not very impressed with numbers,
I've never paid much attention to cholesterol. My husband and I have
been together for 28 years now. I cook, he eats, we are both in our mid
50's. He is naturally thin, likes to lift weights and is becoming quite
adept with Tai-Chi. His cholestreol teters near 300 at this time. He's
been told most of it was bad. It started going up in the mid 70's and
not much has changed that pattern. I on the other hand also eat what I
cook, tend to be sedentary, lift only fabric and glass for my hobbys,
and walk the dog. Yes I'm overweight but when a cardiologist checked my
cholestreol and compared the "good" stuff with the "bad", he came up
with an 81 and told me it hardly counted. I'm not as strict with this
diet as some of you are but my results are that I feel better and have
more energy and that all that really counts. That is also what I tell my
friends and leave it at that.

Helen