C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
David Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 18:51:11 -0500
I have a very specific request, and hope some of you may be able to help
me. I am a 17 year old teenager and now have the monetary resources to be
able to drive. But due to the fact that I have CP, I need to think about hand
gears (since I cannot use my feet to drive) My hands are okay, and have no
problems. Obviously I need to solve this problem before I can even think
about getting a car. I have heard there are auxiliary hand gears out there
(by auxiliary, I mean gears that can switch on and off as needed, so that my
parents can drive the car too) which would save time and effort. It would
also save me having to go out and buy a car to have it configured only for
me, which would prevent anybody else from driving it. I was just curious as
to if you readers knew of auxiliary hand gear set, and if so where I might
find one. If locality is an issue, I live in the SF Bay Area. I don't even
know where to begin this process, so thanks for all your help.

Sincerely,

David Wolfe