C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:48:54 -0700
7bit
From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Cindy,
  First of all, are you ambulatory. If so, you might try Devil's Claw, a
natural anti-inflammatory. In my experience with spasticity (I live with
spastic diplegic cp), I find that when I reduce the inflammation of joints.
I concurrently reduce spasticity. Spasticity, at least for me, comes with
fatigue.

  You can find Devil's Claw, in tablet form, at most health food stores. I
take 1 tablet 3 times daily for 20 weeks, then scale backwards
incrementally to 0, to repeat the dosing process again. I took Dantrium
with no ill effect, during my work life, which ended prematurely due to
cp-related back problems. Now, I take no prescription drugs at all. I take
Vitamin C (another natural anti-inflammatory), Calcium-Magnesium tablets
(calcium to maintain bone density and magnesium to address fatigue issues).
I take one of those in the a.m. and one in the early evening. For sleep, I
take Calms Forte (Hyland Homepathic Remedies).

  Most of the "doctor drugs" are often sedating and put us uprightly mobile
cp'ers at risk of a falling injury due to dulled senses.

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier