RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
The Hovila Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 06:03:24 -0800
Lucia,

Dr. Norman Walker, a famous raw food doctor who lived to be 108 or so,
stated that the growth of goiter in the throat and other dysfunctions
of the
thyroid gland were the direct result of casein from cow's milk (which
contains 300 percent more casein than does human milk).  He said the
problem
is greatly compounded when dairy products are pasteurized.

He also said that iodine is by far the most essential trace element
needed
by the thyroid gland in particular, and by the entire body in general.
He
stressed the importance of cleaning the colon (via colonic
irrigations) to
facilitate the body's ability to utilize iodine.  Organic iodine
should be
part of the daily diet, he says, and it can be gotten from dulse and
granulated kelp.  He says we only need about a quarter of a milligram
of
iodine daily, which you can easily get from half a level teaspoon of
powdered or granulated kelp.

Dr. Walker did not like iodized salt because it has been heated to
tremendous temperatures to make it pour.

Mark