RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 17:28:47 -0400
> > Name me another country, in all history, with separation of Church
and
> > State, and individual freedom and liberty, as it's central
doctrines.

>   While there is a
> chance that your statement is true, I am quite certain that none of us
knows
> whether it is or not.

Plenty of people know plenty about this Carol. And the fact is, the
United States is unique in history in this regard.

> It's like saying that Earth is the only planet with
> life.  It may be true, but it doesn't make any sense to state it as if
it is
> a known fact, because it isn't a known fact and probably never will
be.

Well, I don't feel like getting into a quibble over silliness right now.
But I'll just say that scientists do not say that Earth is the only
planet with life. Quite the contrary. Furthermore, we do in fact know a
lot about other planets and galaxies, and are learning a lot more very
fast. The question of life on other planets is a small question compared
to some of the questions to which we are finding answers.

>  Why
> not just be patriotic and leave it at that?  It's not necessary to
make
> stuff up to be a good American.

It's not made up! :) It's true! :) Pretty amazing country, huh?  :)

> I'm sure that if you could look into the minds of all non-Americans
and see
> their pictures of the perfect world, you'd find many of those pictures
> look just like yours

Not in everybody's head Carol. Lots of people's "perfect world"
definitely does not allow for individual freedom. Liberty is what we in
the United States "worship" above all. It is the American "religion."
The picture in my head is 100% a product of my American upbringing.

Love Liza