RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 19:02:52 -1000
Anwar:
> I hope this mail goes through but has anyone here had intestinal tripe of
> a ruminant animal or any other animal.

The tripe you find in Mex meat markets has been boiled extensively. You'll
have to get it straight from a slaughterhouse, or kill your own to obtain
raw tripe. FWIW, I have slaughtered several sheep with the local instinctos
and the intestines go straight into the wheelbarrow. The eyes, liver, brain,
thyroids, testicles, overies, lungs, adrenals, etc. all get a sampling, but
the intestines hold little interest even to seasoned instinctos. FWIW.

My understanding is that the true carnivores (cats, Inuit) go for the
intestinal contents more than the intestines themselves, but I may be
talking outta school on that one.

Nevertheless, when our cat gets a rat (a common thing) I get to dispose of
most of the intestines (and the stomach--at least I think it is the stomach)
from our porch. Everything else is eaten, but for that--at least much of the
time.

Who knows? Not I.

Cheers,
Kirt