RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 23:52:24 -0700
>2) Clinical studies show that statistically, treatments *reduce* mortality,
>i.e. people who have cancer treatment are less likely to die than people
who
>don't.

it is true there is possible postponing of outcome with treatment ! but at
what price ? and never for the benefit of health.IT  may be able to buy time
to learn at the most .

>3) Carcinogenicity of chemicals are routinely tested on mice. These mice
>die, although their cancer is not treated by drugs or surgery.

as long there is no possibility for the mices in a laboratory to correct
their lifestyle  this no proof.Maybe humans are living in an experimental
station and feel they can't get out.

>If a close relative or friend has cancer, my suggestions are:
>
>1) Do NOT tell him/her to avoid treatments. Even surgery alone can be
>life-saving. At any rate, never impose your point of view on the patient,
>otherwise you would be held responsible if the patient dies.
>
>2) Provide him/her as much moral support as possible. This is the only
thing
>everyone agrees that it's useful.

it depends what it means to give moral support. see later

>3) Discuss diets and/or alternative treatments only if you think he/she
>might be receptive. Otherwise, he/she won't listen, will think you are
crazy
>or will be irritated.

so what ?

 At any rate, do not blame the patient ("you have lived
>incorrectly, now this is your punishment"), this is not constructive and
>irritating for someone who is facing death..

often an invitation to responsibility can be taken as a blame .
when i first got sick a friend of mine got rough with me inviting me
strongly to change something. his support took a form that i didn't like
what he was saying  at the time was irritating ,i tried to push away the
help offered i just wanted to be a victime .
but in fact he have been the only one who really helped me , others have
been "very nice " with me and their "support" was reinforcing my disease .

jean-claude