RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gerry Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:22:56 EST
In a message dated 3/23/99 8:02:54 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>   In my case I had acne for at least 35 years. I tried everything
imaginable,
>  but nothing worked. The NH diet seemed like a miracle and worked
practically
>  overnight to totally cure it. Now my skin looks great (except for aging and
>  scarring).
>
>  But even though I have to agree that a total raw food mostly fruitarian
> vegan  diet cured my acne as well as many other symptoms/syndromes I had, I
still  can't conclude that it *works for me.* It has brought on signs of
> deficiencies  in its own right, like dry skin and poor muscle tone, which
started to come  about as soon as I went all raw vegan 4 years ago.

--Sounds like you are consuming too much concentrated protein and/or dried
fruits and your body is dehydrated. That's what causes dry skin.

>  So for me despite that a diet may *cure* some diseases or syndromes, it
> doesnt
>  necessarily mean that it overall, or over the long term, is adequate for
>  you.It could mean simply that you are now avoiding foods that you were
>  sensitive to, or that you cleaned out on fruits but now you need to rebuild
> or  somesuch. I am still trying to resolve the dry skin/poor muscle tone/
flab
>  issue for myself.
>
>  Love
>  Sandy

--Poor muscle tone and flab is due to lack of toning exercises.

gc.>