RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 20:25:42 +0100
Hi Bonnie,

I love your surname, it means "stinging nettle" in German, a
quality raw food. ;-)

> In a message dated 2/13/99 1:57:35 PM Pacific Standard Time, amf.prefire@T-
> ONLINE.DE writes:
>
> << A two week fast on distilled water only will cure most..and
>  the rest will be cured with a follow-up diet of quality raw veggies
>  and fruit within a further month at the most. The two week
>  fast is essential, the follow-up raw food diet is recommended. >>
>

>      O.K.  I must chime in here.  It is impossible to "cure" Herpes, Alan.
> The best you can do is keep your immune system healthy enough to keep the
> virus in check.  I'm a little confused at how you think a two week water fast
> would cure people?  I understand that toxins that would be eliminated as a
> result of the fast could help the immune system to not be as suppressed, but
> it would in no way heal the immune system enough to stop the Herpes problem.

Strictly speaking Bonnie, you are correct in almost everything you said
here. Only the body (the immune system) can "cure" anything, i.e. in
the case of viruses, keep them in check. Viruses (including HIV etc.)
are around all the time. They only get out of control when the
conditions are right for them (meaning wrong for us). I was talking in
layman's terms to someone who I believed would perhaps not understand
what I was getting at if I phrased it differently.

> In my opinion, this could only be done with a combination of efforts, fasting
> being one of them, improvement in diet, supplements, exercise and maybe even
> herbs!

Leave out the supplements and herbs (unless they are non-toxic,
edible raw plants which should be a part of any raw vegetarian diet), add
exposure to sunshine and happiness and peace of mind and I would agree
entirely. :-) Nevertheless, changing to a healthier food regime, with
prior fasting, is generally sufficient to improve the immune system
enough to deal with herpes simplex. It would be a perfect world for
us all if we managed to meet all the requirements for perfect health.

Best regards,

Alan