RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:53:59 -0300
At 09:32 26/02/1999 PST, you wrote:
>Hi Axel:
>
>This is just a quick answer (I'm still swamped) to your very good
>questions about the Hunza/dairy products issue.
>
>My point was that they are using them.

this by itself does not mean much in my opinion.

According to some of the
>arguments on the list, if you use **any** dairy, then you are dooming
>yourself to a short and painful death (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating just
>a bit :-)) and you can't possibly get any health benefits from it.

i am not there because actually i do not know about the possible health
benefit for some of us very uncommon people that follow uncommon diets after
years of wrong living, generally. but the hunzas are a different story, so i
do not see the point of using them to justify that dairy is health-giving,
or at least not detrimental.
the fact that they use it does not mean anything for us in this list and for
other raw fooders, vegans, instinctos, etc.

>What I was trying to say is that long-lived and older cultures use dairy
>successfully and don't appear to have any negative effects because of
>it.

exactly. they "donīt *appear* to have any negative effects because of it".
are there any cultures like the hunzas that do not use dairy to compare with
to find out if it is truly benefitial? no. then...

but again, what is the concept of "succesful use" in the context of the
hunza people? after i sent the message, i thought about something else: they
have been living there for i donīt know how long, generation after
generation, always eating highly mineralized food, and doing lots of
excercise, and under the sun (they look very tanned in the pictures of
Priceīs book). i remember also Don Weaver, who was (from what i heard in
this list a couple of years ago) a succesful healthy very athletic vegan raw
fooder for more than 20 years and a part of it was the highly mineralized
food he ate (he is a proponent of remineralization with rock dust).

 I know that they have lots of other things going on (the exercise,
>relationships, etc., that you pointed out), but dairy isn't detrimental.
>
>Irene

how do you know this? they overall life is so healthy that you can as well
say that the cooked food they eat isnīt detrimental. how can we POSSIBLY
know if dairy, or fruit (if i donīt remember wrong, they eat plenty of fresh
and dried apricots), or cooked foods are good or bad for them?

it would be very cool to extrapolate and see how they eat and say this is
good, but it does not make sense to me.

regards,
              axel