RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 07:48:10 -0800
Alan:
Chimps eat an insignificant amount of meat (and also posess the teeth
needed to do just that). Bonobos eat no meat at all, merely an
insignificant amount of insects. Don't get me wrong here, however,
I have nothing against those who choose to eat raw meat (if they
believe or feel they need it), I just don't seem to need it and
have my grounds (see another post to you) for NOT eating it.

Tom:
Bonobos do indeed eat meat. See the book "Bonobo" by Franz Lanting,
for documented observations.

Teeth are a weak indicator of diet; in humans they tell very little
because our use of technology isolates us from the selective pressures
that impact other animals.

I am a veggie, and am merely interested in seeing other veggies tell
the truth about ape diets.

Tom Billings