From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:23:04 -0500
> Just installed a CD-R/RW in my computer. At present the CD Rom
> has the link
> to the sound-card. What do I do with the sound link from the CD-R/RW to
> enable both units to access the sound card, provided this can be set up?.

     There are various ways to do it. The safest way is to loop the output
of the CDR/RW drive to the line in on your sound card, that way you can
adjust the level from each device separately. There are cables out there
that will connect the two outputs together and connect that to the sound
card, I don't like this idea since you are connecting two outputs together.
99% of the time this presents no problem, but there is always the 1%. I
myself left my CDROM disconnected and connected only my CDR/RW drive, not
like I play many audio CDs on my computer. TTYL

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org