From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 14:17:53 -0500
>And yes, I have added a lot of fat to my diet; I cook up everything
> with suet and eat all the fat on meat. Sugar cravings are profoundly
> affected by old behaviors, by emotions (such as boredom) -- in other
words,
> they don't necessarily result from fat/vitamin/mineral deficiencies (at
> least, not in MY experience). Often I eat junk food without really craving
> it, just as a habit that refuses to die.

Don't discount what your body is telling you. If you're dietary lipids
aren't balanced, it may affect your cravings. Eating more monounsaturated
and polyunsaturated fats may change your experience with cravings.
Carbohydrates are assimilated differently in the presence of different kinds
of fats.

Troy G.