C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 07:30:28 -0400
Hi Joy,

I'm interested in what you find out from your latest post myself.  I am
26 and will be having my hamstrings lengthened on Thursday.  I will be
in straight leg casts for three weeks and then knee immobilizers for
three more and I am greatly concerned about how I will go to the
bathroom unassisted.  When you can't bend your knees, how are you
supposed to sit down!?!

So, is there anyone out there who has been through this surgery that can
provide some insight or tips and tricks?  Like Joy, the idea of a cath
is not very exciting to me.

Linda